- Find Money Doctors in the Student Advice Centre
- Check out our Budget Planner
- Download a Spending Diary
- Get on track with our Forward Planning checklist
- Read The Crunch
Now playing: Accommodation
Listen to audio files on:
Get practical advice on managing your money from the University's Money Doctors with:
- information sheets
- audio files
- a personal appointment.
Within These Halls drama
Watch this student drama, based at Roehampton University,
on our channel.
- Forward planning: Plan for moving out of halls with the Forward Planning checklist (PDF)
- Budgeting: Budgeting skills; maximising income, minimising spending.
- Priority and non-priority debts: The real implications of your bills.
- Living independently: What's the real cost of moving out of halls? Jargon-busting in the private rental system.
- Income Tax: The system and how it works; forms and documentation; dealing with the tax office; rebates; National Insurance contributions.
- Postgraduate finance: Career development loans; charities; working opportunities; changes to graduate banking.
You can get information leaflets and attend workshops on all these topics: Contact us for more information (see below).
Meanwhile check out our finance, funding and accommodation newsletter, The Crunch:
We meet a lot of students who have problems with their finances and feel their situation is out of control. The sooner debt problems are dealt with the less likely they are going to result in a crisis. The Money Doctors service aims to help you deal with your finances so you are in control of them and they are not in control of you.
- Budget, budget, budget: it’s the only way. Be realistic: don't say you spend £20 on your social life if you really spend £100.
- Download a personal Budget Planner now.
- Make an appointment with the Money Doctors to discuss your problems. Don't ignore the issue; we can help you.
Nicky Reid, Money Doctor, available 9 to 5, Monday to Friday in Room 015, Information Centre, Richardson Building, Digby Stuart College. Find us on the Campus maps.
Tel: 020 8392 3199