Fire safety is especially important and students are encouraged to cooperate with the University regarding fire safety arrangements especially in halls of residence.
Please make sure you have read the Student Resident Handbook but do remember:
Always react to a fire alarm. Leave the building as quickly and calmly as possible and go to the nearest assembly point
Never leave grilling or frying food unattended, even for a minute or two. Cooking like this has the highest risk of starting a fire and is the cause of most domestic fires.
If you discover a fire think "SAVE ME":