IT and Media Services News
- uniFLOW print and copy system: we now have a print and copy system called uniFLOW. This will be a faster system and enables all the printers to be used as copiers. Also for the first time you can add credit to the system online using a debit or credit card. More details.
- New - Halls of Residence ResNet service: from the start of the Autumn term 2012 you will be able to fully access the Internet without being restricted by the University Firewall. This should mean you can play online games and plugin games consoles for the first time.
- Self Service Portal: you can now submit your support requests directly to the IT Helpdesk. Just click on the link to IT Helpdesk Self-service portal under MyTools in Student MyZone. By using the Portal you can:
- Submit your request at your convenience via a web interface.
- Have an alternative to the phone or email.
- Once you have submitted your request you will be provided with an unique reference number and will be able to check on your request, amend or update it anytime by going online.
- Global issues will enable you to view University/Campus etc. wide problems as they occur and to receive regular updates.
- Wireless availability in the Halls of Residence: please note that if you are living in Halls of Residence and have a wired Internet connection (through a cable into a dataport) then you will probably not be able to receive a wireless Internet connection. In those Halls with wired connection wireless is available only around the communal areas such as lounges and kitchens. However if your room is near one of these areas then you should be able to receive a good wireless signal.
- Freewire (TV in Halls of Residence) is here! This is means you can receive TV channels on your PC in halls of residence.Also a phone service from your pc is coming soon. You must have a wired Internet connection (will not work using the wireless Internet). More details.
- Myzone in Halls of Residence: some students are having trouble logging on to the student MyZone (www.myzone.roehampton.ac.uk) in Halls of Residence. If you are using the wireless Internet connection, then just enter your usual username and password, but if using a cable plugged into a data port you will need to enter RUS\ in front of your username and then enter your usual password. Also you will need to log in twice - once to gain access to the web page and again to gain access to your emails.
- Double-sided printing is the default setting on the black-and-white printers in the Open Access suites. If you want to print single-sided then you must change the properties to single-sided BEFORE you send your work to print. See the student printing for details.
- Power Savings in Computer Suites: all Open Access computers shut down 10 minutes after being logged off. This does mean you might have to turn on a computer and wait for it to boot up before logging in. Please be patient! It is saving a lot of electricity.
© Copyright 2013. Roehampton University. All rights reserved.