Borrow a laptop from the IT Helpdesk.
- Laptops are only issued on a valid library card.
- Loans are for 24 hours except over weekends and public holidays.
- Extended loans are not available as demand is very high.
- Laptops cannot be reserved.
- Laptops cannot be renewed.
- Please do not return the laptop or any related item late. We cannot lend out a laptop that is missing anything such as a power cable.
- During vacation we sometimes withdraw this service to check over the laptops and update the software. Please check for availability outside of term time.
Please note that fines will accrue for any item returned late.
To make the best use our resources for student, for each of the 4 loanable items (Laptop, power supply, power cable, bag) each item will charged at 50 pence an hour for every hour overdue.
Laptop loans: Conditions of Use
Laptops for Loan: User Guide
For loans of cameras, video recorders and headphones.
When saving work on a Library laptop you must save to either a USB flash drive or burn to CD. In an emergency you can save to the D: drive on the laptop but this work will be accessible to all. Do not save to the desktop because your work will be lost next time you start the laptop.
- Windows 7Operating System.
- Wireless Internet Connection - Internet access is available by connecting to the University’s wireless network.
- Microsoft Office 2010, which includes Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint and Publisher.
- SPSS v19, a statistical analysis package.
- AMOS version 19 is a Structural Equation Modelling application.
- Endnote v14 is a tool for publishing and managing bibliographies.
- CD writing software.
- Windows Media Player
- Apple Quicktime v7.
- RealOne player.
- Adobe Acrobat v10 reader displays PDF files.
- Audacity is music editing software that allows file saving in MP3 format..
- ICE-GB v.2 is the British component of the International Corpus of English.
Applications such as ZoomText and JAWS cannot be used on a laptop as they require a University network connection