Who can support me with using moodle?
Academic Liaison Services are responsible for managing the University's online learning environment, moodle.
As part of that role we provide all support for students in using moodle. If you have questions about moodle or require support please contact us:
- via Virtual Librarian (accessed from the My Tools menu on Student MyZone)
- by telephone at: 020 8392 5006 (or extension 5006 if on campus)
- or by visiting the Moodlebar on the ground floor of the Library
moodle is used by lecturers to present and deliver a wide variety of resources and activities including module learning and teaching materials and online learning activities and assessments. It is also used to submit your work to Turnitin the University's plagiarism detection software.
How do I access moodle?
- It's web based and can therefore be accessed from any computer (on and off campus)
- You will need your University network account username and password -
- Go to the moodle login page http://moodle.roehampton.ac.uk and enter your username and password
- By the first teaching week, a list of the courses you are enrolled on should appear once you have logged in - click on a module name to enter the site
What resources will I have access to?
In addition to having access to module sites, Academic Liaison Services have provided further online help and support which all students will have access to. You will be enrolled to the following 3 sites:
- Moodle Student Support Site: users can learn how to use moodle's tools and facilities
- Library Research Skills: Library Research Skills tutorials which cover a range of topics to help you get the most out of library resources. You will have opportunities to practice and develop some of the skills you will need to succeed at University
- Academic Skills Development: this site will help you develop the academic skills needed to study successfully at university, such as, critical thinking, essay writing and research skills. You can also book a 1-2-1 appointment with your Departmental Academic Learning Adviser
Can I access my old courses from last year?
For continuing students, all courses from last academic year are available in Moodle2010-11. There is a link to the system on the Moodle log in page